Our award-winning technology powers conversations with customers for some of the world’s largest enterprises. We believe that combining the human touch with technology is the best way to create amazing customer experiences. When human abilities such as problem-solving, creative thinking and relationship building are enhanced with technology... magical moments happen.
At Glia, we are on a mission to reinvent the way businesses support their customers online. We see a future where excellent Digital Customer Service is the standard! We’re a global remote-first workforce across the US and Europe, but despite multiple time zones and locations, we identify as one Glia. We are a collaborative bunch with a strong drive to master our craft, we take challenges head on and persevere through adversity. If our company values align with your own, we would love to connect with you about the role.
The Director, US People Operations will be a leader to our Glianeers as we rapidly scale our global team. A strong candidate brings operational excellence and a clear passion for people and culture. You will partner with Glia leadership to drive productivity, build HR policy and engage employees across the company. This role will also work alongside our department leaders to create world class teams with clear goals and opportunities for growth.
- Oversee the employee journey, including on-boarding, employee status changes, off-boarding, promotions, transfers, compensation changes, benefits, and leaves etc.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of US employment law to reduce legal risks. Work with IT, Legal and Payroll to build HR policy and ensure compliance
- Collaborate with Glia leaders to create processes, practices and systems that ensure Glia’s transition to a remote-first culture is executed with alignment across the globe.
- Conduct productive meetings with managers and leaders to assess HR related needs. Act as a partner to investigate and resolve complex issues.
- Partner with leaders across the business to build career paths and growth opportunities. Lead learning and development programs to support employee growth.
- Collaborate with the People Team to ensure company wide surveys, review cycles, events and other projects are prioritized and executed
- Standardize reporting on employee trends and deliver action plans to the Executive Team that align with the business goals
- Be a leader and advocate for employee resource groups, diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives
- Continuously build and improve people team processes, create clear goals and monitor success
- You have 7-10+ years of Human Resources/People Operations experience.
- You have a strong knowledge of US Labor law and experience supporting a remote team
- You have experience within a fast-growing organization, are comfortable balancing strategic and tactical responsibilities that come with scaling high-growth technology companies.
- You pride yourself on excellent, clear verbal and written communication.
- You have a proven track record of building strong relationships across the business; you are a trusted advisor and partner.
- You're driven by creating measurable goals and never stop improving processes.
- At your core, you are a strategic thinker, problem solver, and builder.
- Enthusiastic leader with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Exciting, dynamic and rapid growth environment
- Collaborative culture with autonomy and purpose
- Incredible mentors & investors that are an active part of the company
- Team events including nights out and team travel
- Free gym membership (you have to commit to going 3x per week!)
- Diversity: 18 languages and 10 countries represented
- Competitive base salary & benefits
- Participation in employee option pool