Our award-winning technology powers conversations with customers for some of the world’s largest enterprises. We believe that combining the human touch with technology is the best way to create amazing customer experiences. When human abilities such as problem-solving, creative thinking and relationship building are enhanced with technology... magical moments happen.
Glia has expanded into Vancouver, BC! We're growing rapidly, and seeking a passionate and driven people person to join our People Operations team. You will be an integral part of the People Operations team by ensuring all people processes are efficiently executed in a timely manner to create the most streamlined employee experience across the organization.
This is a perfect opportunity if you would like to kick-start your career in People Operations! If you have what it takes to thrive in a dynamic, hyper-growth startup, keep reading.
As a key member of our strategic organization, you’ll play an invaluable role in Glia’s growth strategy. You’ll onboard new hires, organize internal events and various other initiatives to keep Glianeers happy and excited to work here.
The Ideal candidate…
- Is committed to nurturing the culture of the team and company
- Has an obsession with adding value and getting things done with a high level of craftsmanship
- Triple-checks their work before shipping and is known for their immaculate attention to detail
- Is humble, self-aware, and a true people person with a positive attitude and a creative mind
- Drives to learn and master new skills
Glia has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What You’ll Do
- People Operations
- Partner closely with the People function to execute HR operational processes and services with a focus on employee experience and data integrity
- Serve as the People Ops resource to Glianeers for everyday needs, including but not limited to onboarding, benefits, immigration, perks and off-boarding
- Participate on cross-functional projects with internal teams to evolve current people processes (People Technology, IT, Workplace, Talent Teams, etc)
- Foster our employee recognition initiatives, coordinating work anniversaries and birthdays
- Provide logistical support for the onboarding and off-boarding process
- Identify and drive process improvement efforts, leveraging HR systems to automate and eliminate manual work where possible
- Office Management
- Work closely with our Global People Ops Team to oversee the functioning of the Vancouver office and create an exceptional work environment
- Liaise with facility management and service providers (i.e cleaning, security service etc)
- Ensure proper supplies inventory in our Global offices (computer, headsets, snacks and other supply needs)
- Event Management
- Collaborate with People Ops Specialists from New York, Tallinn and Tartu in organizing company wide and local events
- Support our employer branding activities (i.e making stories for Instagram)
- Send and/or take care of different other ad-hoc events, gifts and swag
- Currently living in the Vancouver, BC area and able to be physically present in the downtown Vancouver office 1 - 2 days a week
- 1-2 years experience working on an HR, People Operations or similar team
- Bachelors Degree or relevant education in highly preferred
- A positive attitude and a passion to learn. You understand that everything you do impacts our employees and internal teams
- No task is too small and you keep cool under pressure when work volume is high
- Willingness to learn and grow with us
- Passionate about building relationships and connecting with others
- Track record of integrity, discretion, and ethical behavior
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to prioritize between multiple competing priorities
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Background in business management, business operations, finance, business, or management consulting, or analytics
- Previous experience in office and/or event management or similar roles is a plus
- Comfortable presenting, creating and delivering on dynamic, impactful content
- Glia stock options and competitive salary
- Diversity: 18 languages and 15 countries represented.
- Professional development support (trainings, courses, conferences, books, etc)
- Transparent career development system
- Different options for your working preferences (office, remote, flexible)
- Access to all the latest tools and equipment you’ll need
- Sports compensation, reimbursement for therapy, counseling sessions
- Team events: annual employee awards, internal hackathons, and a dozen cool events from cooking to the Glia olympic games :)
- Generous referral bonuses
*Glia is an equal opportunity employer. Glia does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
*Want to know more about working at Glia? Check our Glia's Career FAQs