Our award-winning technology powers conversations with customers for some of the world’s largest enterprises. We believe that combining the human touch with technology is the best way to create amazing customer experiences. When human abilities such as problem-solving, creative thinking and relationship building are enhanced with technology... magical moments happen.
The Director of People Operations will be a passionate advisor and key business partner within the Glia business, focused on fostering a thriving culture, engaged and high-performing teams, and a more productive, agile, and profitable business.
You will be a strategic and data-driven partner for the Glia leadership team to implement and drive their people-based initiatives to achieve both business and HR strategies. This role will partner primarily with our teams in the Americas and work closely together with Glia’s global People team.
*Must be located in the Eastern or Central timezone
- Build strong, trusted relationships with business leaders to create and execute organizational and people strategies.
- Lead through support, training, educational touchpoints, and through growing our talent.
- Partner with leaders and support the People team to evaluate and positively impact organizational health by using a data-driven approach.
- Continuously suggest ways to improve the employee experience.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of US employment law to reduce legal risks.
- Work with Talent, Compliance, IT, Legal, and Finance to build People policies and ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with Glia leaders to create processes and systems that ensure Glia’s culture and transition to a remote-first culture are executed with alignment across the globe.
- Conduct productive meetings with managers and leaders to assess People related needs. Act as a partner to investigate and resolve complex issues.
- Partner with Glia leaders to build career paths, competency models, and growth opportunities. Lead learning and development programs to support employee growth.
- Collaborate with the People Team to ensure company-wide surveys, review cycles, events, and other projects are prioritized and executed.
- Standardize reporting on employee trends and deliver action plans to the Executive Team that align with the business goals.
- Be a leader and advocate for employee resource groups, and diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) initiatives.
- Continuously build and improve people team processes, creating clear goals and monitoring success.
- 5+ years of HR or people operations experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in high-growth SaaS organizations and are comfortable balancing strategic and tactical responsibilities that come with scaling such companies.
- 2+ years supporting/advising Director and/or SVP-level Leaders.
- 2+ Years of experience in recruiting, managing, and coaching a team of people partners.
- 2+ years developing onboarding plans and executing Performance Management Programs.
- You have a strong knowledge of US Labor law and experience supporting a remote team.
- You pride yourself on excellent verbal and written communication.
- You have a proven track record of building strong relationships across the business; you are a trusted advisor and partner.
- You're driven by creating measurable goals and never stop improving processes. In other words, you are an enthusiastic leader with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- At your core, you are a strategic thinker, problem solver, and builder.
- Communication: Communicates complex issues clearly and credibly with widely varied audiences. Ensures appropriate individuals are informed.
- Influence: Develop consensus and alignment on ideas and recommendations affecting own team or other teams. Facilitates discussions and gives consideration to a range of interests, opinions, possibilities, and situational variables.
- Managing Programs and Projects: Initiates and/or manages major or complex projects or Engineer's work processes. Gives direction to team members. Redirects the overall strategy, goal, or project as external and internal requirements change.
- Problem-Solving: Anticipates problems. Creates innovative working methods to generate new ideas. Serves as a resource for problems affecting large-scale projects or systems.
- Process Excellence: Assesses the effectiveness of systems and current processes; streamlines standards and processes and develops innovative approaches to program development and implementation.
- Authentic Listening: Establishes reputation as a credible and trustworthy source for employees to voice concerns, and share anything that might be negatively impacting their competence and commitment to current goals and tasks. Identifies and responds to underlying attitudes or behavior patterns such as cultural norms and personality differences. Reacts purposefully to the frustrations of others. Resolves escalated conflicts among stakeholders through effective dialogue.
- Emotional Intelligence: Accepts constructive feedback and adapts leadership style/actions/behaviors. Creates a sense of well-being by taking an active interest in the opinions and ideas of others, and partnering in efforts to align. Plays to the different strengths and development levels within a team to maximize effectiveness. Helps others through emotional or tense situations, tactfully bringing disagreements into the open, and engaging in healthy debate.
- Glia stock options and competitive salary
- Diversity: 18 languages and 15 countries represented.
- Professional development support (trainings, courses, conferences, books, etc)
- Transparent career development system
- Different options for your working preferences (office, remote, flexible)
- Access to all the latest tools and equipment you’ll need
- Sports compensation, reimbursement for therapy, counseling sessions
- Team events: annual employee awards, internal hackathons, and a dozen cool events from cooking to the Glia olympic games :)
- Generous referral bonuses
*Glia is an equal opportunity employer. Glia does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
*Want to know more about working at Glia? Check our Glia's Career FAQs